The Founders Club is UPMC Altoona Foundation’s leadership giving society, whose members’ generosity in the past year has funded over $1 million in grants to benefit the patients of UPMC Altoona and the surrounding communities.
- The renovation of the radiation oncology department of the Hillman Cancer Center at UPMC Altoona
- Funding to support an additional electro physiology suite at UPMC Altoona
- Over $50,000 in scholarships for nurses and other medical professionals
Founders members contribute at least $1,000 or more annually to the UPMC Altoona Foundation. A membership helps to foster a culture of philanthropy throughout UPMC Altoona that emphasizes the important role staff and volunteers play in providing patient-centered care.
Each year, the Foundation hosts a social evening for members, featuring local venues with delicious food and refreshments.
Membership benefits include:
- Annual membership reception with hospital leadership
- Periodic communications from President Jan Fisher regarding UPMC and trends in the health care industry
- Two free parking passes
- Two complimentary dining passes in the UPMC Altoona cafeteria